We’re seeking an engagement strategist and architect of high-quality martech implementations.
Do you have a unique vision for engaging audiences online? Have previous projects been held back by stovepiped plans that deliver new technology but didn’t holistically improve engagement? Do you value honest, empathetic conversations? Do you like working with mission-driven marketing, communications, and fundraising teams to increase impact?
If you are, and you feel comfortable leading a team in designing, documenting and visualizing technical strategies for audience engagement, please read on.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Our holistic approach weaves together people, process and technology, so technical solutions are only one piece of our work. We need a technical architect who is comfortable learning & evaluating technology and is comfortable designing solutions using known and somewhat known tools to drive outcomes. You’re our technical translator between our implementation teams, technical vendors, and our clients goals & objectives.
- We focus on audience engagement, so are seeking experience with digital marketing software and tools: CMS (WordPress, HubSpot CMS, Drupal, CraftCMS), CRM, mass-email (MailChimp, SendGrid, etc), marketing automation (Marketo, Pardot, Hubspot, Active Campaign, etc), analytics & data (Google Analytics), and content search and discovery. You should have expertise with web development and familiarity with the MarTech solutions that make websites useful business tools. You should also be comfortable evaluating toolsets and systems, and describing the pros, cons, and tradeoffs of different solutions to clients.
- You should be familiar with common digital marketing & outreach tactics, including online marketing, audience engagement, content strategy, email list management, sales funnels, and tracking conversions.
Client & Team Collaboration
- Emphasis on collaborative design by working with our team, vendors, and client to capture requirements, generate group feedback, and ensure clients are a central part of the process.
- Collaborate with clients to identify, understand, and document goals and requirements. Be the client advocate, and ensure their priorities are reflected in our work and solutions.
- You’ll foster relationships with clients, so you need to demonstrate empathetic communication skills, and provide examples of relationship development.
- You may serve as a product owner for technical solutions, and should be comfortable overseeing both technical and non-technical components of technical development, including: goal setting and strategy, product roadmap development, user experience/visual design, and technical implementation.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and organizational skills, exemplified by self-prioritizing tasks and deadlines across projects, and clearly communicating what those are with a geographically distributed team.
- You’ll oversee solution delivery with a team of both staff and contractors. Project leadership & coaching experience, including gentle, but direct feedback, mentoring, team oversight, and training/skills development of teammates is a must.
Role & Responsibilities
- Share and document best practices and team successes.
- Mutually build your brand and our own through blog posts, conference presentations, and contributing at local events.
- Mentor and support teammates.
- Coordinate with leadership on developing best practices and pursuing new opportunities.
- Own the technical design & implementation of each project’s solution.
- Ensure that clients understand the business implications of technical choices.
- Own and drive high-quality technical project work from both staff & technical implementation partners.
- Collaborate with project managers to deliver projects that meet scope, budget and timeline targets.
- Adopt and improve upon our approaches for project delivery and solution design.
- Oversee and help craft project deliverables and artifacts.
- Identify professional development and training needed to advance your career, and continued learning for yourself, your teams, and your clients
- Be a source of positive energy and joy for your coworkers.
- Effectively work with a distributed, remote team (we were remote pre-COVID, and will continue to be!)
- Demonstrate “off the cuff” flexibility for brainstorming solutions, learning new skills, and problem-solving project issues.
Our team operates remotely, but is primarily based around a few hubs to facilitate occasional in-person team and client interactions (when safely possible!). We have a preference for people near our hubs, including:
- Washington, DC
- Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
- San Francisco, CA
- New York, NY
During COVID, we are operating fully remote, and you can be anywhere in the continental US (or comparable time zone)
Salary & Benefits
Salary of $85,000 – $115,000, based upon location, how quickly we believe you’ll deliver value, how much training and onboarding we’ll need to provide, and depth of technical background. For full details on employee benefits and compensation visit this page.
- Education and/or experience relevant to the role and responsibilities
- Fluent in English
- Legal to work in the USA (Sorry no visa sponsorships)
Experiences like these will add additional weight to your application:
- Previous digital agency, marketing firm, or consulting experience
- Experience working inside of medium or large-sized (100+ staff) nonprofits or mission-driven organizations.
- Experience creating and running online campaigns to build affinity or complete specific conversions
- Experience creating and delivering digital projects within organizations (e.g. leading an organizational website redesign)
- Proficiency in Spanish
All that said – if your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you!