Sales Operations Lead
Who we are and what we do
At ParsonsTKO (PTKO), we work with mission-driven organizations to help them drive better engagement with audiences – their donors, members, grantees, employees, or anyone they communicate with regularly. We like to think our approach is a little different, blending the best of management consulting firms, digital marketing agencies, and user experience design firms. We call what we do Engagement Architecture, combining strategy to organize outreach and messaging, the technology deployed to deliver them, and the tactics used to integrate audience touch points and interactions. We help our clients organize and manage not just their website and other communications software, but also the related marketing and outreach strategies and data that connect people to their mission. To learn more check out a sampling of our clients and case studies of our work.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial, people-person that loves process as well as pulling threads together to identify issues and solutions. You have a focus not just on making a sale, but on finding the right-fit clients to support in making a positive and lasting impact in the world. You enjoy sharing and learning with your colleagues and are comfortable with the demands of a remote working culture. You are curious and a strong communicator not afraid of trying to win for the fear of failure. You understand the power of a team and the braintrust it wields.
Position description (cool stuff you can expect to do):
- Document and formalize our sales process in collaboration with our sales team
- Maintain and manage our sales proposal library and its components/content
- Participate in the creation of sales and marketing materials that describe service packages, along with our department leads, that collect individual services into useful groupings
- Attend and occasionally plan community events for our clients, partners, and for organizations in the mission-driven community
- Be a brand ambassador for PTKO to new people and learn about their problems and how PTKO might be a good fit for solving them
- Research organizations and identify key contacts
- Be comfortable talking about what we do with people at various levels of technical or domain expertise
- Attend executive-level meetings, help document the key points, and learn how to hold executive-level sales conversations
- Manage and maintain internal sales, prospecting, and proposal tools, with a focus on data hygiene and organization
- Monitor sales activities for PTKO sales team and leadership, tracking deadlines, documenting updates and other required inputs
- Participate in marketing & outreach activities including but not limited to social media, blog writing, and case study development
Desired skills and experience
Our highest priority is finding someone who is a good fit for our team, who is willing to learn, and is excited about what we do!
- Strong active listening skills
- Confident in-person communicator: you enjoy talking with and being around people you have not met before
- Able to apply creative thinking to sales & outreach
- Process-oriented with an understanding how to turn disparate looking work streams into a coherent and documented approach
- Clear and compelling writing skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to build things and take ownership of work and solutions
- Desire to develop and grow new business relationships
- Willing to accept and learn from rejection and roadblocks
- Experience with sales processes (e.g. lead generation, proposal writing, pitching)
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in new business development, dedicated inside sales, or fundraising/development role
Nice to have
- Experience in the consulting or professional services sector
- Experience with the mission-driven / non-profit / philanthropy sector
- Experience with marketing and communications technology
- Familiarity with data and analytics concepts
Location & Availability
This is a full-time position with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. We place a high value on our staff’s work-life balance and maintain a flexible culture that empowers our staff to manage their own schedules. The core work hours are east coast 9am – 5pm, however we have west coast staff and clients that may occasionally require you to flex your schedule, and your role may require occasional evening event attendance.
- Geographic homebase for this position: Washington, DC metropolitan area (DMV)
- Potential of up to 25% travel, primarily East Coast
Who’s a good fit?
We’re a small firm, and have a mix of contractors, partners, and staff, all of whom you’ll get to know well! We think you’ll enjoy working with us if:
- You’re comfortable with the flexibility of a small company and are a self-motivated person who doesn’t always require strict directives or hierarchy
- You’re excited about the potential of being in a growth environment, and love to learn and explore new things
- You’re collaborative, and, know that the team’s success is your success
- You’re willing to dive in across all types of work, even if it’s “outside your lane”
- You’re passionate about working in the mission-driven space
As a small firm, we know that each new employee is an opportunity to nurture the diverse opinions and life experiences that make up our company. A wide range of ideas and perspectives makes our team and our work stronger, and is critical to our firm’s and our clients’ success. Given that, we strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+, veterans, and all members of historically disadvantaged groups to apply.
Compensation & Benefits
The Salary range for this position is $50,000-$65,000. ParsonsTKO offers a variety of benefits to employees, including:
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- AD&D with supplemental clauses
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and long-term disability plans available as well as access to other supplemental insurances
- Financial support for home office set up, or co-working space
- Flexible work schedules
- 27 days off each year: 15 days of PTO (non-accruing), 7 holidays, and a winter break the last week of December
- 15 days of sick time (non-accruing)
- Support for professional development opportunities, as relevant (conferences, trainings, certifications, etc)
We want to see your resume and more importantly we want to get to know you and hear your thoughts on the following questions. You can submit a written or video response to us at [email protected] *Applicants that do not send response letters or video will not be considered for this position.
- What interests you about new business development?
- What has been the most interesting opportunity or project you worked on in the last two years?
- What are you most curious and interested in learning more about or increasing your skills in? Why do you think PTKO is the place to do that?
- In your previous experiences what approaches have you used, or found most effective, for introducing new ideas or services to someone you just met?