The Marketing Contractor will be part of our revenue team, working in support of marketing and sales operations.
This is a part-time hourly role estimated at 20 hours per week, with the potenial of more hours in busier weeks–however all work time will be planned in advance, no surprises. The initial contract will be set for a 3-month contract period and pending performance and needs can be set to renew. Additionally, all of our contractor positions provide contract-to-hire opportunities that would lead to a full-time role after an initial contract period of time.
- Webinar and panel event development
- Scheduling events and managing guest outreach
- Running our online events via Zoom
- Expanding post event follow up including: post event write ups and marketing campaigns
- Research and develop a list of conferences/events to sponsor, attend and pitch to speak
- Gather materials to submit and track submissions
Marketing Partnership Support
- Look for event partnering opportunities, identify and engage with potential new partners (e.g. other agencies and consulting firms, tech vendors, and professional associations)
- Maintain relationship with current partner contacts
Documentation & Governance
- Organize and update existing marketing operations and sales materials ( i.e. presentations, primers, videos, blogs)
- Assist in developing new marketing materials and a process for maintaining updates
- Social Media
- Execute the content production & distribution in support of social media strategy
- Provide input and ideas to steer and optimize strategy through post performance analytics & reports
- Create content generation opportunities and build audience engagement by commenting and responding to comments
- Email marketing
- Coordinate content creation, including copywriting, for PTKO newsletters and marketing campaigns for events and other outreach
- Create draft emails in our Hubspot system
- Assist in execution of strategies to grow our marketing email
- Assist in creating email list segments and determine with the PTKO marketing lead if we should develop new and additional email products
- Increase weekly listeners through promotion by developing new marketing materials in coordination with PTKO marketing lead and testing distribution channels
- Assist in production and post-production activities
We’re seeking candidates with experience and an understanding of the following marketing tactics:
- Social media post creation and campaign planning
- Email marketing content development, audience segmentation, and analysis
- Creating marketing copy, editing, and proofreading materials for public distribution within a brand framework items such as: pitch decks, social media tiles, and ads
- Developing basic level reports and analysis to be delivered to the broader revenue team led by PTKO’s CEO
- Education and/or experience relevant to the role and responsibilities
- Legal to work in the USA (Sorry no visa sponsorships)
Experiences like these will add additional weight to your application:
- Experience with CRM tools such as Hubspot and design tools such as Canva
- Previous digital agency, marketing firm, or consulting experience
- Experience or passion for mission-driven organizations and work
All that said – if your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think your experience translates to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Our team operates remotely, but is primarily based around a few hubs to facilitate occasional in-person team and client interactions (when safely possible!). We will consider candidates anywhere in the continental US, but have a preference for people within driving distance of our hubs, including:
- Washington, DC/Northern Virginia
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Texas (Austin and Dallas/Fort Worth)
- North Carolina (Raleigh/Durham, Greensboro/Winston-Salem)
During COVID, we continue to operate fully remote, and encourage our teams to travel or move around if you would like. You can be in any time zone but must work continental US business hours. Staff must also have a US-based home address.
Salary & Benefits
Who We Are
At ParsonsTKO (PTKO), we work with mission-driven organizations to help them drive better engagement with audiences – their donors, members, supporters, grantees, employees, or anyone they communicate with regularly. We like to think our approach is a little different, blending the best of consulting firms and digital agencies. We call what we do Engagement Architecture, combining strategy to organize outreach and messaging, the technology deployed to deliver them, and the tactics used to integrate audience touch points and interactions. We help our clients organize and manage not just their website and other communications software, but also the related marketing and outreach strategies that connect people to their mission. You can view a sampling of our clients and case studies of our work on our website.
Applications have closed.