Digital Marketing Lead
Who we are and what we do
At ParsonsTKO (PTKO), we work with mission-driven organizations to help them drive better engagement with audiences – their donors, members, grantees, employees, anyone they communicate with regularly. We like to think our approach is a little different, blending the best of management consulting firms, digital marketing agencies, and user experience design firms. We call what we do Engagement Architecture, combining strategy to organize outreach and messaging, the technology deployed to deliver them, and the tactics used to integrate audience touchpoints and interactions. We help our clients organize and manage not just their website and other communications software, but also the related marketing and outreach strategies and data that connect people to their mission. To learn more check out a sampling of our thinking in our blogs and case studies of our work.
Who we’re looking for
The Digital Marketing Lead will support acquisition, retention, and brand awareness for ParsonsTKO through a robust mix of digital marketing strategies. This role will also focus on event planning (digital and in-person when appropriate) as a path toward building community for current and prospective clients. The digital marketing lead will also have responsibilities over public relations and demand generation needs. This is a true Marcom generalist role with the opportunity to grow with an exciting organization. This individual should have a passion for the mission-driven sector and be looking to grow their marketing capabilities across a broad range of channels. This role will be the first dedicated marketing hire with the opportunity to grow into a marketing director and build out the functional team at ParsonsTKO.
What you’d do
- Own the demand generation activities with an understanding of Active Campaign and Pipedrive (or similar systems): this includes nurture workflows, email automation best practices, lead scoring, etc.
- Contribute to overall social media strategy to drive acquisition and awareness
- Managing and grow core social accounts: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Respond to comments, messages & tweets in a timely manner
- Partner with the CEO to manage the annual public relations and content marketing plan and execute regular media outreach to grow the PTKO brand awareness
- Own the event strategy for PTKO with an initial focus on community gatherings and monthly webinars (in-person events to come as COVID restrictions change)
- Coordination of paid acquisition campaigns ranging from search to social
- Develop and maintain all digital assets including website content and monthly email newsletter
- Create original and engaging content specific to all platforms and work with freelance copywriting resources as needed to manage the necessary volume of content
- Encourage a social environment that moves beyond push to true engagement and conversation
- Monitor, optimize, and report on activity and performance
- Maintain brand voice in all platforms
- We’re a small team so other projects as needed!
Desired skills and experience
Our highest priority is finding someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, who is willing to learn, enjoys being part of a close-knit collaborative team, and is excited about what we do!
Ideal candidate has
- 5 + years of experience across digital marketing and content marketing
- You are up on the latest social trends
- You have prior experience at a consulting or services-based firm or digital agency
- Strong written communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience with creative systems such as Photoshop or InDesign a plus
- Previous experience in or exposure to the mission-driven sector
- Ability to monitor analytics and develop a story
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Go-getter attitude, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Location & Availability
This is a full-time position with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. We place a high value on our staff’s work-life balance and maintain a flexible culture that empowers our staff to manage their own schedules. The core work hours are east coast 9am – 5pm, however, we have west coast staff and clients that may occasionally require you to flex your schedule, and your role may require occasional evening event attendance.
- We are a fully remote company with hubs in Washington, DC, San Francisco Bay Area CA, the Piedmont area of NC, Dallas/Fort Worth and Austin TX. We are open to staff from any timezone in the U.S. with a preference for candidates closer to our hubs.
- Potential of up to 25% travel once Covid-19 restrictions change
Who’s a good fit?
We’re a small firm, and have a mix of contractors, partners, and staff, all of whom you’ll get to know well! We think you’ll enjoy working with us if:
- You’re comfortable with the flexibility of a small company and are a self-motivated person who doesn’t always require strict directives or hierarchy
- You’re excited about the potential of being in a growth environment, and love to learn and explore new things
- You’re collaborative, and, know that the team’s success is your success
- You’re willing to dive in across all types of work, even if it’s “outside your lane”
- You’re passionate about working in the mission-driven space
As a small firm, we know that each new employee is an opportunity to nurture the diverse opinions and life experiences that make up our company. A wide range of ideas and perspectives makes our team and our work stronger and is critical to our firm’s and our clients’ success. Given that, we strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+, veterans, and all members of historically disadvantaged groups to apply.
Compensation & Benefits
The Salary range for this position is $50,000-$65,000. ParsonsTKO offers a variety of benefits to employees, including:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- AD&D with supplemental clauses
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and long-term disability plans available as well as access to other supplemental insurances
- Financial support for home office set up, or co-working space
- Flexible work schedules
- 27 days off each year: 15 days of PTO (non-accruing), 7 holidays, and a winter break the last week of December
- 15 days of sick time (non-accruing)
- Support for professional development opportunities, as relevant (conferences, trainings, certifications, etc)
We want to see your resume and more importantly, we want to get to know you and hear your thoughts on the following questions. You can submit a written or video response to us at [email protected] *Applicants that do not send response letters or videos will not be considered for this position.
- What excites you about growth marketing?
- What has been the most interesting opportunity or project you worked on in the last two years?
- What are you most curious and interested in learning more about or increasing your skills in? Why do you think PTKO is the place to do that?
- In your previous experiences, what approaches have you used, or found most effective, for building brands and increasing contact growth in specific audience segments and industries?
- What do you think are the best ways to introducing new ideas or services into traditional market spaces?
- What motivates you about working with mission-driven organizations?