The perks of working at PTKO
Our goal is to provide benefits that support you and your family in work and life. We’re constantly evaluating and adding to our benefits to make them more inclusive, equitable, and aligned to what our employees really want. A summary of benefits available to full-time PTKO staff is below.
We partner with TriNet to provide HR and benefits support for our employees, offering “big company” access to a range of insurance and supplemental benefits, even for our small team.
- PTKO pays a total of up to $590 per month towards medical, vision and dental insurance. Employees have a wide range of plans and carriers to choose from, including plans with Health Spending Accounts (HSAs) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
- Basic life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance is provided at no const to employees, for 1x annual salary. Employees have the option to purchase additional life and AD&D insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage is provided at no cost to employees, covering up to 50% of your salary in the event you’re eligible for disability benefits
- An employee assistance program (EAP) is also available to all employees
- Employees have the option to purchase or opt in to a number of supplemental insurances and benefits, including: short and long-term disability plans, additional life and AD&D coverage, pre-tax commuter benefits, etc.
Overall, we strive to have a flexible work environment where people can take the time they need to handle personal matters around client and work obligations.
- Flexible work schedules accommodate our team across all continental US time zones, whether you’re an early bird, night owl, strict 9-to-5-er, or need to pick your kids up from school at 3pm. As long as you’re generally available during a core set of daytime hours, you can flex your time in coordination with your teams and supervisor
- Employees get 15 PTO days each year, as well as 15 days of sick or wellness time (both are non-accruing year-to-year). These are allocated on January 1st each year, so you don’t have to “earn” them – use them whenever you need!
- We take off for 12 holidays each year, including a winter break the last week of December. We also have a holiday flex policy, so if there’s a holiday you celebrate that isn’t on our calendar, swap the day(s) out and take off for celebrations that are important to you.
- We provide 4 weeks of paid parental leave for the birth, adoption or foster care placement of a child.
- Employees may also take up to 8 weeks of personal leave (unpaid, but with continued benefits) for any family or personal reason.
- We operate on a 35 hour work week (7 hours per day) for full time employees
- Flexible, remote work locations. We operate primarily as a remote company, with a few employees (mostly those in sales, marketing, and leading client delivery) who have occasional in-person connections to clients. We aim to operate around “hubs” (currently in DC, North Carolina, New York, and San Francisco) so we can balance remote-work flexibility with some team camaraderie, but can be flexible on location for folks who don’t have in-person client obligations.
- We provide the hardware for your home office set up, including laptop, external monitor, keyboard, mouse, and headphones. We’ll also reimburse your home internet costs up to $70/month. Each employee gets $250/year of reimbursable home office expenses for equipment that meets your needs and preferences. We also consider supporting rental of a co-working space, on a case-by-case basis (primarily in our hubs).
- Each employee gets $250/year of reimbursable professional development expenses for items you choose (trainings, books, etc). We also support additional development opportunities, as relevant to your role and planned with your supervisor (conferences, trainings, certifications, etc)
- Sales incentive bonuses of up to $1,000 for any staff who introduce us to new clients who hire us.