Looking for a collaborative soul interested in sensible development practices
A little about us
We’re different, because change requires it. We aren’t ninjas or rockstars, nor cowboys, though we’ve been to quite a few rodeos. We are a team of seasoned veterans whose constant curiosity and intense motivation to effect change has placed us at the center of innovation in our industry. We have deep experience across a broad range of technical, communications, branding and creative practices–but we don’t do everything.
We focus our talented multi-disciplinary teams on the creation of deep communications strategies, long term planning and change management, evolving engagement platforms that tie together disparate systems and raw data, all in the service of designing outreach experiences that drive engagement. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to join us in building a lasting impact in the world by transforming and empowering progressive change agents and mission driven organizations located across the US and across the globe. We have folks in San Francisco, New York, Washington, DC. and North Carolina, and are remote work friendly.
In a given week, you would…
- Review and collaborate on UX wireframes to handle hidden complexities and find elegant solutions.
- Consult on and co-design technical architecture decisions for web site and web application development.
- Review code with developers and help someone else figure out their bugs.
- Perform and coordinate functional testing on code before delivery.
- Perform and coordinate accessibility testing on sites/projects before delivery.
- Spin up a new development project’s working environments and manage access to the tools.
- Conduct regular check ins with dev teams for each project, passing exceptions (good and bad) up to the project leads with suggested plans of action.
- Figure out how to automate one more thing so you don’t have to worry about it anymore.
- Update documentation on our development processes, especially that new automated process you just figured out.
- Push the team’s work to staging, or to the production server.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a methodical, organized thinker with a sense of whimsy. You like understanding how things get done behind the scenes, and get a particular pleasure from making things work smoothly.
You are comfortable leading a team in transforming design documents into compelling implementations, filling in the many details not covered in the documentation to develop a smooth, pleasant interactive experience. You play the critical role of ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, including estimating the effort involved, and happily providing suggestions for how to achieve the desired goal given the time and resource constraints involved.
We hope you are excited to join a small team of Greensboro, N.C.-based developers working as part of a larger distributed company and will appreciate our flexible working hours. We won’t expect you to move to Greensboro, but we’d love it if you were local.
Demonstrate the following to get hired:
Reach out to us directly, not through a recruiter or placement agency, and we’ll look forward to talking with you. Start with this getting-to-know-you form, and we’ll take it from there. (https://goo.gl/forms/67h9Wxf6h8vfRetf2)
- An opinion, informed by experience, on good development workflows, and the flexibility to adapt it to the needs of the project.
- A reflex for accessible, responsive design, and the wherewithal to lobby for it.
- An ability to review code with a developer to look for trouble.
- A technical architecture plan you’ve worked on, with its flaws and successes ready for dissection.
- Something between tolerance and excitement for Agile methodology
- References that show at least two previous positions of increasing sophistication as a technical lead.
What we offer
Salary range: commensurate with experience.
ParsonsTKO offers a variety of benefits currently to all employees
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Basic Life Insurance AD&D with supplemental clauses
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and long term disability plans available as well as access to other supplemental insurances
- Flexible work schedules and remote working with potential Internet fees covered for home office where applicable
- 15 days of PTO annual (non-accruing) to start in addition to 5 federal holidays plus the day after Thanksgiving and the last week of December.
- 15 days of sick time annual (non-accruing)
- Professional development